Plumbing | Plumbing Repair | Tankless Water Heaters | Drain Cleaning
Water heater repair
The plumbers at ABC can help you repair your water heater. Here are just some of the reasons to choose ABC for your water heater repair:
- Emergency Service Available
- No Additional Fees For Work On Saturdays and Holidays
- 1-Year Warranties On All Repair Work
- Upfront, Honest Pricing
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Is it time to replace your current water heater?
The average water heater lasts between 10 and 15 years before needing to be replaced. The word “average” is important: it’s possible that your current water heater is still going at age 20, or might quit at age 8. A lot of that is contextual, and could depend on usage, maintenance, and, yes, a bit of luck.
Here are some signs that your water heater needs to be replaced soon. Again: every water heater is different. The best way to determine if your water heater needs to be replaced is to give ABC a call, so that our technicians can make an honest, thorough assessment and recommendation.
- Rising gas or electric bills with similar HVAC usage
- Hot water is not refreshing
- Hot water supply is very limited
- Tank has visible cracking or rusting
- The tank is leaking
Reasons to upgrade to a new water heater
If you have an older water heater, there are many reasons for you to consider upgrading to a new one, including better energy efficiency, better performance, and less risk of a breakdown.
- Energy Efficiency: As water heaters age, they become less energy efficient, using more gas or electricity to generate less hot water. It’s a lose-lose situation. However, the technology used in water heaters has greatly improved in the last 10-20 years, which means that new water heaters are not only more efficient because they’re new, but because they’ve been engineered to save you money on your monthly energy bills.
- Better Performance: If your furnace is more than 10 years old, it’s possible that it’s begun to slow down its performance. This not only means it’s less energy efficient, but it could also struggle to “refresh” your supply of hot water, or that you could have less hot water for you and your family to use. If you have a family that gets ready in the morning, this could be a source of frustration, and you may also want to consider a tankless water heater.
- Bursting Risk: As water heaters get up there in age, their risk of a burst tank or a leak increases. Years of constantly heating hot water for your home has put the tank under tremendous pressure, and cracks and fractures begin to form. If you continue to use your older water heater, there’s a risk that one of these cracks could suddenly split, sending water into your home, garage, or basement.
ABC can help you with water heater issues
Whether you’re looking to repair your water heater or have ABC replace it with a new water heater (or a tankless water heater), we can help. Give our team a call at (510) 471-8181 or contact us using the form.