Plumbing | Plumbing Repair | Water Heaters | Drain Cleaning
Reasons to get tankless water heaters
There are many benefits to investing in a tankless water heater, including:
- Energy Savings: Tankless water heaters are up to 30% more energy efficient than standard water heaters. This means that, on average, they save families about $100 per year on either gas or electricity. Over the lifetime of the system, those savings can really add up and make up the difference in price between a standard and tankless system.
- Unlimited Hot Water: As the name implies, tankless water heaters do not have tanks, but instead rapidly heat water from room temperature by pushing it past heaters within the system. This means that tankless systems constantly refresh the amount of hot water used in your home, and cannot “run out” of hot water like a standard water heater can.
- Extended System Life: Tankless water heaters last more than 20 years, which can be twice as long as a standard water heater. Plus, they have components that can be repaired in most cases, which means that the tankless system can keep running for far longer. If you’re weighing the cost of a standard water heater versus a tankless one, consider that you may have to purchase two or even three standard systems in the time you would have bought just one tankless system.
- No Risk Of Bursting: Standard water heaters are great, but the risk of them bursting as they age increases. After all, the tank is exposed to high temperatures, water, and pressure on a daily basis for decades. A burst water heater can flood your home and garage, causing major property damage. In contrast, a tankless system does not have a tank that can burst, so they bring you peace of mind on that front.
Is it time to replace your current water heater?
How old is your standard water heater? If it’s past the decade point, you’ll want to start thinking about replacing it in the near future. If it’s 13-15 years of age or older, it might be better to just replace it. Not only will you avoid the risk of a burst tank, but you can also upgrade to a far more energy efficient standard or tankless water heater that will save you money every single month moving forward.
Here are some other signs that it’s time to replace your water heater:
- Poor energy efficiency or rising energy costs
- Limited performance or hot water runs out quickly
- Any leaking or cracking on the tank
Call ABC for an estimate on our tankless water heaters
If you’re ready to make the upgrade to a tankless water heater, give ABC a call at (510) 471-8181 or use the form to contact us.